Favorite GUI library?

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Wed Apr 25 03:16:55 UTC 2018

On 04/24/2018 02:43 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> This reminds me of Nick Sabalausky's rant once that back in the 80's we
> used to run programs on 64KB RAM and 8kHz CPUs, and lived with the slow
> performance, and nowadays we have GB's of RAM and multicore GHz CPUs,
> and we are finally able to write web apps that do basically the same
> things with about the same slow performance as in the 80's (but with
> many orders of magnitude greater resource consumption).  Software has
> come a long ways indeed.</sarcasm> :-D

Except that I don't think I ever once experienced the degree of
text-entry delay or random stutters on my Apple II that I regularly
experience on my "modern" PC which is more than capable of, ex., far
surpassing Myst-level imagery in real-time, among other supercomputer feats.

Now that we have ARM, GPU computing, Gates is retired and MS isn't the
big dog it used to be, I think we need to bring back and update the old
"What Andy giveth, Bill taketh away" saying ;)