Found on proggit: Krug, a new experimental programming language, compiler written in D

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Apr 26 22:29:46 UTC 2018

On 04/26/2018 01:13 PM, arturg wrote:

> why do people use this syntax?
>
> if val == someVal
>
> or
>
> while val != someVal
>
> it makes editing the code harder then if you use if(val == someVal).

The theory goes:

A. "less syntax => easier to read".
B. "There's no technical need to require it, and everything that can be
removed should be removed, thus it should be removed".

Personally, I find the lack of parens gives my brain's visual parser
insufficient visual cues to work with, so I always find it harder to
read. And regarding "B", I just don't believe in "less is more" - at
least not as an immutable, universal truth anyway. Sometimes it's true,
sometimes it's not.