Favorite GUI library?

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Apr 26 22:52:05 UTC 2018

On 04/26/2018 03:20 PM, Johannes Pfau wrote:

> Maybe this will help:
> https://puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
>
> Hope is the last thing to die ;-)

Thanks for the link, looks interesting. Don't quite understand how that
distributed telephony is supposed to work though, while still
(hopefully) interoperating with the standard telephone network.

Fingers crossed for that device or something like it, but not holding my
breath (and as much as I hate Google/Android, anything without a
built-in point-tipped stylus is useless to me and has basically zero
chance of replacing my Galaxy Note - unfortunately).

Thing is, there's been so many attempts at iOS/Android alternatives
already, and by much bigger organizations too. Even MS couldn't hold on,
and that's the same company that was able to force their way into the
notoriously tough-to-crack game console market by sheer financial force
alone (by weathering a loss that even dwarfed the Dreamcast). So I fear
that "hope" is ALL there is at this point. But I hope I'm wrong ;)

(And even if it does pan out, it's not like many people could just
install it on an existing device: Those stupid things are locked down
far tighter than any modern PC BIOS.)

I'll definitely keep an eye on that though.