Found on proggit: Krug, a new experimental programming language, compiler written in D

sarn sarn at theartofmachinery.com
Fri Apr 27 06:22:55 UTC 2018

On Friday, 27 April 2018 at 04:06:52 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> One of the items on my bucket list is to write a "CS Theory for
> Programmers" book that actually fills in all this stuff, along
> with going easy on the math-theory syntax that you can't
> realistically expect programmers to be fluent in. The average
> CS book is the equivalent of marketing a "How to speak German
> book" in the US...but writing it in French. Sure, *some*
> Americans will be able to read it, but...)

The first Haskell tutorial I read was written by someone who
thought it would be cute to do mathsy typesetting of all the
syntax.  E.g., -> became some right arrow symbol, meaning that
nothing the book taught could be put into an actual Haskell
compiler and executed.  The book never explained the real syntax.

Thankfully there are more useful tutorials out there (like this
one: http://learnyouahaskell.com/).