Favorite GUI library?

User user at tmp.com
Sat Apr 28 17:39:28 UTC 2018

I write lot of small utilities on Windows and prefer to have a
gui.

Gtkd is nice. Glade is awsome. but the runtime dlls are about
20mb, too much for a 1mb tool. For some reason the theming on
Windows didnt work well for me.

Dwt is nice, but no glade like gui editor.  when using dwt, I
build gui manually.

Html css looks too different from native app. Opening and saving
files is painful, nok.

Most of the time java, swing, netbeans works very well. Startup
time sucks, so i just added an intrresting splash screen and
people seemed to like it.

I have high hopes for dlangui, but it's still beta and has some
bugs that's blocking me.

In conclusion, if startup time is important i use dwt. Otherwise
java with netbeans.