Whats wrong with the forum.dlang.org???

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 14:13:01 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 29 April 2018 at 13:14:35 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> In the newsgroups, there was a post in March on "ost to pst
> convertes", which looks like it could have been flagged with
> spam (it no longer appears on the forum), with two "ad-like"
> real response, even though it just has a URL in it. His history
> of posts that I've seen have been legitimate.

Yes, that's exactly it. It was a post in an off-topic thread with
nothing but a link to a commercial product, so in fact it is
indistinguishable from spam. It is also very similar to the
common setup where someone posts an off-topic but otherwise
unspammy question (generally seeking advice or a product
recommendation), and is followed-up by actual spam. It was
flagged by someone too, which is how it got deleted. All facts
considered it's a bit hard to call this a false positive :)

notna: You are now unbanned, but I suggest to avoid doing this
again.