core.stdc and betterC

dd86k devddstuff at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 15:05:49 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 29 April 2018 at 14:55:06 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> I just checked, extern(D) isn't at fault. You actually do want
> name mangling for wrapper functions like that.

Re-externing what I need as C is wasted productivity, IMO.

> Did you only -I the file? If you compile it in normally, it
> won't error out. Normally its compiled into druntime and hence
> Phobos.

Yeah, I am using core.stdc which _is_ from druntime indeed, but
the hint here is _stdc_ (and more specifically, _std_).

> We really should have functions like this be templated (empty
> brackets) so that it'll work with just -I happily.

Really it's simply a betterC-related issue and thus why I
proposed the insertion of some version (D_betterC) here and
there.