Whats wrong with the forum.dlang.org???

notna notna.remove.this at ist-einmalig.de
Sun Apr 29 23:25:42 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 29 April 2018 at 14:13:01 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Sunday, 29 April 2018 at 13:14:35 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
> wrote:
>> In the newsgroups, there was a post in March on "ost to pst
>> convertes", which looks like it could have been flagged with
>> spam (it no longer appears on the forum), with two "ad-like"
>> real response, even though it just has a URL in it. His
>> history of posts that I've seen have been legitimate.
>
> Yes, that's exactly it. It was a post in an off-topic thread
> with nothing but a link to a commercial product, so in fact it
> is indistinguishable from spam. It is also very similar to the
> common setup where someone posts an off-topic but otherwise
> unspammy question (generally seeking advice or a product
> recommendation), and is followed-up by actual spam. It was
> flagged by someone too, which is how it got deleted. All facts
> considered it's a bit hard to call this a false positive :)
>
> notna: You are now unbanned, but I suggest to avoid doing this
> again.

Hi all.

Ok, understood, will not post "URLs only" in the future ;)

What is still strange 2 me... the forum was reachable for days
after my mentioned post... AND I was banned then from home and
also from our company networks, even after removing the cookies...

Nevertheless, let's say, the "banning" works pretty well, once
someone decided to do it, but a little hint whom to contact to
get un-banned in case of mis-banning would be helpful ;)

Thanks again