Where on Earth are the irc.freenode.net #d ops?

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Sun Aug 5 05:00:19 UTC 2018

On 05/08/2018 10:14 AM, Ethan wrote:
> Freenode has been under sustained attack from a spam botnet since about
> 2.00 UTC 1 August. At least, that's when the first spam message was
> posted to #d.
>
> Freenode admins have suggested everyone adds +r to their channel mode to
> stop unregistered accounts from joining. Sounds simple. Except the #d
> ops are MIA. Even highlighting their nicks has resulted in zero activity.
>
> Can someone get in there and fix this mess?

[16:58:21] ChanServ [ChanServ at services.]: Entry Nickname/Host          Flags
[16:58:21] ChanServ [ChanServ at services.]: ----- ---------------------- -----
[16:58:21] ChanServ [ChanServ at services.]: 1     byte[]
+AFORefiorstv [modified ? ago]
[16:58:21] ChanServ [ChanServ at services.]: 2     bernardh
+Aeiortv [modified 6y 28w 1d ago]
[16:58:21] ChanServ [ChanServ at services.]: 3     CyberShadow
+Aeiortv [modified 6y 28w 1d ago]
[16:58:21] ChanServ [ChanServ at services.]: ----- ---------------------- -----
[16:58:21] ChanServ [ChanServ at services.]: End of #d FLAGS listing.

I think it might be time for DLF to take ownership[0] of the channel.

[0] https://freenode.net/groupreg