Is there any good reason why C++ namespaces are "closed" in D?

Atila Neves atila.neves at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 15:52:56 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 4 August 2018 at 07:34:49 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Aug 2018 at 18:50, Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Faster and consistently, sure. But I don't think 'better' is
> possible.
>
> [...]

Bindings != wrappers. I agree that wrappers will nearly always
need to be written, I'm trying to automate the writing of the
declarations needed to link.

It should be possible to automate translating everything, but
some things will be tricky in C++. std::vector is quite clearly a
value type, yet the GNU implementation declares it as a class
with protected inheritance from _Vector_base. That's going to be
fun...