Is there any good reason why C++ namespaces are "closed" in D?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Aug 6 20:35:37 UTC 2018

On 8/6/2018 11:26 AM, tide wrote:
> What's your crossplatform workaround if I have a namespace named "version" or
> "package" ?

See my reply to Rick Cattermole.
https://digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/Is_there_any_good_reason_why_C_namespaces_are_closed_in_D_317277.html#N317507

> You also didn't mention your reasoning behind not including a way to use const
> pointers to mutable data.

That's a longstanding issue and has nothing to do with namespaces.

> How can you suggest DPP then go on to say you've never even used it or know how
> it is even used?

Because I have full confidence in Atila and Laeeth. I've also written such a
translator myself (HTOD) so I know what they're capable of.