Is there any good reason why C++ namespaces are "closed" in D?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Aug 7 02:13:27 UTC 2018

On 8/5/2018 9:53 PM, Manu wrote:
> If we produce a DIP to fix this, will you reject it in principle?

Producing a DIP is a good idea, it provides an anchor point for any future
discussion of the topic, rather than the tangle and noise that is this thread.
It is an ample opportunity to put the best foot forward on your ideas.

I'm not going to categorically say we'll reject it, but will say that you'll
need to make a more compelling case, and a DIP is the right method for that.
Please keep in mind that a good DIP will address the counterarguments and other
methods of solving the issue.

As this thread affirms, trying to design things in the forums doesn't work very
well, and I should have asked for a DIP in the first place.