Give DLS a try

Laurent Tréguier laurent.treguier.sink at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 07:27:20 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 8 August 2018 at 20:56:51 UTC, tide wrote:
> DLS took no time at all to build, nice and simple.

The only thing built is a small bootstrap program that downloads
a prebuilt binary release, that's why it's fast. Before v0.5.0,
DLS was always compiled, and that took some time, as well as 3 GB
of your RAM...

> Just one thing is installing the extension didn't create that
> symbolic link for me. And the plugin just silently passes an
> empty path if it can't find DLS.
>
> https://github.com/LaurentTreguier/vscode-dls/blob/master/src/extension.ts#L20

That's weird. What OS are you using ? There was a bug at some
point with symlink creation on Windows, but it should be fixed
now. For some reason it takes a crazy amount of time instead now,
30 seconds for a simple symlink...
If you have more info about this, you can always post an issue:
https://github.com/LaurentTreguier/dls/issues