Found on proggit: Nim receives funding from a company (D should be doing something like this)

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 02:49:58 UTC 2018

On Monday, 13 August 2018 at 09:50:29 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> Announced last week, the Nim team will be adding two full-time
> paid devs and setting up grants for needed projects with this
> new funding:

:jealous:

> However, there are other ways to raise funds. Companies using D
> could use the existing bountysource page to put up bounties for
> features/fixes or projects they need, to which community
> members who need some particular feature/fix could also donate:
>
> https://www.bountysource.com/teams/d

I think bountysource would work if the bounties were
significantly higher, but there are also the funding options at
https://opencollective.com/dlang

Looking on the right column of the page there are several D
enthusiasts contributing their hard-earned money to D.  Maybe
there's a better option for the masses, besides a T-shirt and a
DConf discount, that might encourage more donors.  For example, I
might contribute somewhere between $100 or more if I could get
some attention on some bugs/features that I care about (assuming
I couldn't implement them myself).  Maybe I'll post a bounty in
the near future and see how it goes.

Right now, I'm the only one I know of working on the #dbugfix
stuff, but I'm finding the bugs submitted this round
exceptionally difficult.  I don't know if I'll succeed with a fix
this round (Sorry!), but contact me directly, or post an
announcement on the forum, if you have a bug that you're willing
to motivate with a financial contribution to the D Foundation,
and I'll personally take a look at it.  I'm generally only
capable of fixing some of the more simple bugs, as my skills and
understanding of DMD are quite limited, but I promise I'll try.

Mike