Signed DMD binaries

Seb seb at wilzba.ch
Tue Aug 14 14:42:54 UTC 2018

On Monday, 13 August 2018 at 19:09:55 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Any plans for doing the same thing for the installer on macOS?
> It complains that it's from an unidentified developer and
> forces the user to go into System Preferences and reopen the
> installer.

Yes, the certificate allows signing binaries for OSX too.
However, as we still haven't fully figured out how to integrate
the binary signing for Windows in the release process (and this
can be done on Linux) and OSX binary signing can only be done on
OSX AFAICT, this might take a bit until it gets integrated.
Also I think Martin is the only one who currently has the
VirtualBox image for OSX setup which is required by the
create_dmd_release build tool.

In case someone wants to have a look, the relevant steps
happen/should happen here:

https://github.com/dlang/installer/blob/master/create_dmd_release/build_all.d#L329