Found on proggit: Nim receives funding from a company (D should be doing something like this)

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Fri Aug 17 08:04:51 UTC 2018

On Friday, 17 August 2018 at 00:06:27 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 August 2018 at 07:05:12 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> [...]
>
> Have you read Peter Thiel's Zero to One and seen his YouTube
> talks on secrets etc?
>
> [...]

Nothing here contradicts my stated goals and method: increasing
the usage and adoption of the D language by the community paying
for more work on the language and libraries.

I think there should be a marketplace in such paid work on D, one
that largely doesn't exist right now. In your language of
economics, that market isn't clearing. Why is this?

It could be there hasn't been enough sustained effort to create a
market. It could be there are simply too few buyers. It could be
there is a culture of doing everything for yourself. It could be
some OSS people dislike money being involved. It could be people
are happy to free-ride off major voluntary contributors like
Walter, Andrei, Iain, and Martin and don't care or need to see D
speed up its development.

It could be I'm an outlier in wanting D to get more resources and
move faster. We shall see.