Windows dev anyone? [was: Re: Signed DMD binaries]

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 19:16:09 UTC 2018

On Fri, 17 Aug 2018 at 09:45, Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Well from my point of view the most important outstanding Windows tasks are:
>
> - help to test, debug, and fix the experimental lld/mingw toolchain
>   (https://dlang.org/changelog/2.079.0.html#lld_mingw)
>
>   Once this is ready for production use it would simplify the Windows
> installation and allowed us to drop optlink and OMF.

Is there any reason to believe Walter would accept that?
It's come up countless times. He rejects it in principle.
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/8347

He genuinely believes OMF+OPTLINK should be the deliberate and
preferred default that everyone should be confronted with as their
first experience. It clearly improves new users experience with D.
Has something changed?