[OT] Leverage Points

Dave Jones dave at jones.com
Mon Aug 20 08:31:15 UTC 2018

On Monday, 20 August 2018 at 03:04:30 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> On Sunday, 19 August 2018 at 19:52:44 UTC, Dave Jones wrote:
>

>> What you need a blog post saying the GC has been made 4x
>> faster. Stuff like that, hey we made D much better now, not
>> stuff about some corporate user who does targeted advertising.
>
> If you look through the blog, you'll find posts like that. One
> of the most-viewed is titled, 'Find Was Too Damn Slow, So We
> Fixed It' [1]. There are a variety of posts that we've
> published. I started the series on Funkwerk last year because
> we needed more posts about D being used in production.

Im not trying to be negative but if Nim or Rust released a blog
post saying "We made find faster" is it going to get you to try
them out? Is it enough of an enticement to get over you
preconceptions about those languages and to think maybe they are
worth a try?

That's what Im trying to say. Im sure posts like that are popular
within the D community but they are not going to make much
headway bringing new users in.

But the extension of that is that you need to have something
enticing to write about and there seems to be very little
happening at the moment. DPP is probably the most interesting
thing happening atm.