Engine of forum

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Tue Aug 21 03:42:21 UTC 2018

On Monday, 20 August 2018 at 09:52:01 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
> What are the specific problems solved or opportunities realised
> by moving to a real forum?

What are the specific problems solved by using better software?

Well, most software projects, have different channels of
communications,
some use forums, some use newsgroups, some use irc, some use
slack, some rely on stackoverflow, some have an active wiki

But each project usually have one channel that is really the go
to place to get help

I strongly believe that a better forum, that allow users some
personalization and flexibility, will help grow the community,
and growing the community is a good objective

Every now and then someone new to D comes and ask, why arent we
using better forum software. And the replies they get are usually
of the type, that this works for the current users and its not
worth the effort to switch to something else

Many of those new comers who ask about the forum software .. they
never stick, they dont complain, or question, or try to change
for the better, they simply leave

You can not really measure how much the D community might have
lost, by resisting the repeat demand of using a better forum ...
and its not like D have other channels