Engine of forum

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Tue Aug 21 14:08:01 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 21 August 2018 at 05:30:07 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Ask 10 people, and you'll get 10 different answers on what a
> better forum would be.

Actually I think we can get 8 out of those 10 to agree,
rust, ocaml, fsharp, nim, scala, clojure .. all use
https://www.discourse.org/
I think this software is nowadays regarded and the best

> If people leave because of the forum software, changing it
> won't change that.

I also agree with that, most people who leave probably leave for
more objective reasons, like that the language doesn't answer
their needs, or they didnt find the libraries they needed within
the ecosystem etc...

But what I really meant, is that out of those who leaves, there
is possible a very small percentage who left, because they
couldnt communicate effectively with the community, and that
better communication channels in general ( and a better forum
software as an example) could have kept them around for longer ,
replacing the forum software is a small change, a small win, and
I expect small returns. But a small win, is a win