Is @safe still a work-in-progress?

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 22 02:18:15 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 01:07:28 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:

> But what bothers me the most...

Something else that rubs me the wrong way is that DIP 1000 is
currently in a status of `DRAFT`:
https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/README.md

What the heck is going on here?  We're adding features to the
compiler and modifying Phobos in production releases based on a
`DRAFT` proposal?

Furthermore, I find it hypocritical that some of us are put
through a disproportionately burdensome DIP process requiring
thorough documentation, multiple peer reviews, excessive delays,
and judgement that defaults to "no" for some of the most minute
changes to the language, but a game-changing feature like DIP
1000 can just be amended on a whim.

Mike