Is @safe still a work-in-progress?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 05:04:25 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 02:18:15 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:

> Furthermore, I find it hypocritical that some of us are put
> through a disproportionately burdensome DIP process requiring
> thorough documentation, multiple peer reviews, excessive
> delays, and judgement that defaults to "no" for some of the
> most minute changes to the language, but a game-changing
> feature like DIP 1000 can just be amended on a whim.

DIP 1000 is in a bit of limbo at the moment. When I took over the
process from Mihails, he told me it was stalled and that the
proposal did not match the implementation. So I haven't touched
it, which is why it's still marked as Draft. At some point,
Walter will revise it to match the implementation and then we'll
discuss how to handle it.

Whatever the status of DIP 1000, I would point out that that one
of Walter's DIPs is in Community Review right now after sitting
in the PR queue in Draft Review for a while. Once this review
stage is done, it will go back into the queue to await Final
Review like any other DIP. The only difference between this and
other DIPs is that there will be no Formal Assessment for it. And
this is the second DIP from Walter that has gone through the
process since I've come on board, with DIP 1008 being put on
pause at his request.