Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Wed Aug 22 17:42:56 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 11:59:37 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
wrote:
> Just found by chance, if someone is interested [1] [2].
>
> /Paolo
>
> [1]
> https://gitlab.com/mihails.strasuns/blog/blob/master/articles/on_leaving_d.md
> [2]
> https://blog.mist.global/articles/My_concerns_about_D_programming_language.html

Pretty positive overall, and the negatives he mentions are fairly
obvious to anyone paying attention. D would really benefit from a
project manager, which I think Martin Nowak has tried to do, and
which the companies using D and the community should get together
and fund as a paid position. Maybe it could be one of the funding
targets for the Foundation.

If the job was well-defined, so I knew exactly what we're getting
by hiring that person, I'd contribute to that.