D is dead

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Aug 23 06:17:47 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 05:37:12 UTC, Shachar Shemesh
wrote:

> One that hurt me lately was a way to pass a scoped lazy
> argument (i.e. - to specify that the implicit delegate need not
> allocate its frame, because it is not used outside the function
> call).

I don't see why we just can't add support for scoped lazy
parameters. It's already in the language just with a different
syntax (delegates). That would probably be an easy fix (last
famous words :)). I guess it would be better if it could be
inferred.

--
/Jacob Carlborg