Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Thu Aug 23 09:30:45 UTC 2018

On 23/08/2018 9:16 PM, Mihails wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 17:42:56 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> Pretty positive overall, and the negatives he mentions are fairly
>> obvious to anyone paying attention. D would really benefit from a
>> project manager, which I think Martin Nowak has tried to do, and which
>> the companies using D and the community should get together and fund
>> as a paid position. Maybe it could be one of the funding targets for
>> the Foundation.
>>
>> If the job was well-defined, so I knew exactly what we're getting by
>> hiring that person, I'd contribute to that.
>
> Didn't intend to chime in, but no, that was not what I have meant at
> all. My stance is that as long as current leadership remains in charge
> and keep sames attitude, no amount of money or developer time will fix D.
>
> What is the point in hiring someone to manage things if Walter still can
> do stuff like -dip1000? For me moment of understanding this was exact
> point of no return.

Whoever acts as a project manager would need to be given the ability to
override W&A as far as process is concerned. They shouldn't be able to
create said process, but should be able to enforce it.

Remember their job would be to facilitate communication within the
community not deal with burn down charts. Ensuring DIP's and spec remain
up to date is a big part of that.

That is why I suggested it originally. It minimizes a lot of the
existing problems we have had for years.