D is dead

Radu rad.racariu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 17:41:18 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 17:19:41 UTC, Ali wrote:
> On Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 16:22:54 UTC, Shachar Shemesh
> wrote:
>> On 23/08/18 17:01, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
>> My main job is to develop for Weka, not develop D itself.
>
> Weka, at some point, made the strategic decision to use a non
> mainstream language
>
> I dont think Weka, have a choice, they have to invest in the
> development of D itself

This sounds about right.

Obviously the solution  is to have the payed consultants fill
those bugs for you if you think your time is not best spent at
this.

The only issue I can see here is that the D BDFL would need to be
in the loop so they can expedite the fix/review of those bugs. Or
design some kind of process for this.

I know Dlang foundation has a sponsor package that has some level
of support. I'd be interested to see if this can work for Wekka,
as others might be in the same boat at some point.