D is dead

Shachar Shemesh shachar at weka.io
Thu Aug 23 17:59:01 UTC 2018

On 23/08/18 19:58, RhyS wrote:

> A quick question, if Weka did not have the current 300k backlog of code,
> what language of choice is more likely to be picked by the team at Weka?

I don't know. Like I said, while the feeling that D has completely lost
its way is fairly universal, the claim that picking D was a mistake is
not. There are some unique D features we are using to great effect, and
people have gone used to the weaknesses.

I don't think, at this point, picking a different direction would have
happened even if it were technically feasible.

Shachar