D is dead

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Thu Aug 23 18:17:35 UTC 2018

On Thursday, August 23, 2018 12:05:53 PM MDT Shachar Shemesh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 23/08/18 20:57, bachmeier wrote:
> > On Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 17:02:12 UTC, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> >> If you can, feel free to contact me off-list, and I'm fairly sure we
> >> can get the budget for you to work on it. The same goes for anyone
> >> else on this list.
> >
> > I don't think Kenji will see your message, but he may be able to help
> > given the right financial incentive.
>
> I have no idea who that is. Can you contact me off-list (either email or
> the DLang slack)?

He's talking about Kenji Hara, who was an extremely prolific developer for
dmd and Phobos for several years but who left a couple of years ago after he
was unhappy with some of what was happening with his PRs for dmd. AFAIK,
he's completely disappeared from the general D community (though he may be
involved with the Japanese D community, since they kind of have their own
thing going as I understand it). I have no clue if he'd be willing to do
anything to help you or not, but this is his github account:

https://github.com/9rnsr

- Jonathan M Davis