Engine of forum

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Aug 24 01:43:54 UTC 2018

On 8/21/2018 2:41 PM, tide wrote:
> What about if you accidentially press a button that posts the comment?

That's really up to your NNTP client's design, which we didn't implement. There
are lots of NNTP clients to choose from.

> Why can't syntax formatting be implemented, does anyone disagree that is a
> useless feature?

It's a useless feature.

Formatting is needed for longer form text, which is not really appropriate for
the forum. Forum posts should be short and to the point - posting an article or
manifesto should be posted separately, with a link to it in the forum.

Also, there is no need to post pictures, emoji, banners, or other cruft one sees
in other forums. Especially pictures, as those eat up server space and bandwith
at a terrifying rate.

Nearly 20 years of the D forum consumes 2,800,000 4K blocks, or somewhat over a
gigabyte. Not bad.