D is dead (was: Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.)

Guillaume Piolat spam at smam.org
Fri Aug 24 14:40:34 UTC 2018

On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 13:21:25 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> I honestly don't see how attempting to divorce druntime from
> libc does anything but increase the amount of work that we have
> to do and increase the likelihood that basic OS functionality
> is going to be buggy, since we will have then reimplemented it
> rather than using the same core OS functionality that everyone
> else is using.

+1

Now that the leadership talks about Leverage points
http://donellameadows.org/archives/leverage-points-places-to-intervene-in-a-system/

When rated from 1 to 9 this is a 10, it likely brings negative
value.

This is even worse if D_SIMD version of AVX is implemented
because of that, loosing precious Walter-time (an illiquid asset)
for a non-existent fraction of users: also a 10.

Whereas merely adding colors to DUB would be a 7.

I feel even more uneasy by all that @safe focus, as if native
programmers started to care overnight. No, we still don't. People
say they do.