Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 18:07:57 UTC 2018

On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 17:12:53 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> [snip]
>
> This is probably completely unrealistic, but I've been thinking
> about the possibility of adding *all* D codebases to the CI
> infrastructure, including personal projects and what-not.  Set
> it up such that any breakages send a notification to the
> author(s) in advance of a PR being checked in, so that they
> have time to respond.  I'm not sure how this would work in
> practice since you have to deal with dead / unmaintained
> projects and/or slow/unresponsive authors, and some PRs you
> might want to push through regardless of breakage.  But it
> would be nice to know exactly how much code we're breaking out
> there.

A worthy goal. If you could get some download statistics from dub
(i.e. like total downloads past month), then you could probably
create a few buckets and rules so you could make sure that there
aren't breakages in the most downloaded projects while not
worrying about dead projects that aren't being downloaded anyway.