D is dead

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Aug 24 19:20:46 UTC 2018

On 8/23/2018 6:57 PM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> At this point I can either use the work-around I already have and (try to,
> obviously unsuccessfully) forget about it, file a bug report that will be
> (justifiably) ignored because no-one else can reproduce it, or spend an unknown
> amount of time (two days would probably be low-balling at this point) in trying
> to get this to reproduce on a watered down version of the code.
>
> Which would you pick?

You should file a bug report, even with no example. It'll still be a clue,
sometimes I can find problems without an example.

But still, assuming it is a compiler bug is a dodgy practice. I've drilled down
on a lot of bug reports that the submitter was absolutely sure was a compiler
bug, that turned out to be invalid.