Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

Meta jared771 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 21:57:55 UTC 2018

On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 21:53:18 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I think it's clear by now that most of D's woes are not really
> technical in nature, but managerial.

Agreed.

> I'm not sure how to improve this situation, since I'm no
> manager type either.

Money is the only feasible solution IMO. How many people posting
on this forum would quit their job tomorrow and solely contribute
to OSS and/or work on their own projects if money wasn't an
issue? The majority of people don't like being told what to do,
and only want to work on what they're interested in. The only way
to get them to work on something they're not interested in is to
pay them.