Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Sat Aug 25 00:54:38 UTC 2018

On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 19:26:40 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/24/2018 6:04 AM, Chris wrote:
>> For about a year I've had the feeling that D is moving too
>> fast and going nowhere at the same time. D has to slow down
>> and get stable. D is past the experimental stage. Too many
>> people use it for real world programming and programmers value
>> and _need_ both stability and consistency.
>
> Every programmer who says this also demands new (and breaking)
> features.

Heh, thought this proggit comment thread was funny given this
complaint, some C++ users feel it's moving too fast now:

"In the last few years it has basically become a different
language, the feature creep is insane. I stopped caring about new
features since C++11, and progressively used the language less
and less."

Another user:

"I remember being really excited about C++11 - and I think it
really did add some much needed features. But it's been getting
more and more out of hand since then..."
https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/99rnuq/comment/e4q8iqn