Is @safe still a work-in-progress?

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 25 11:09:16 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 25 August 2018 at 02:25:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I'm not hostile to debate. I just don't care for "this is
> uncharted territory, so let's do nothing" which has been going
> on for probably 4 years now, coincident with "scope is
> incomplete, D sux".
>
> I.e. lead, follow, or get out of the way :-)

Document it and we will help you get it reviewed and merged.
Until you do that we will stay in your way. Heck, once we
understand it we may even lead, but we can't do that if we have
no clue WTF its supposed to do or why the changes are being made.

At the very least PRs need detailed changelog entries and
preferably spec updates and revisions to the DIP1000 proposal
document. Heck even a wiki page would be useful. I'm trying to
make the spec page on memory safe programming the authoritative
source see https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/2453