D is dead

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Aug 25 20:16:16 UTC 2018

> In general, any place where D was
> designed around the idea that something would _always_ be there (e.g. init
> values and default initialization) but we've then later added the ability to
> get around it (e.g. void initialization or @disable) has tended to not play
> well with everything else and has caused some fun problems.

It's why that stuff isn't allowed in @safe code, and hence one should realize
one is taking responsibility from the compiler for ensuring the correctness. D
expects someone writing @system code to have a much greater awareness of how the
language and the machine works.

If you remove the blade guards from the table saw, more things can be done with
it, but you'll need to take much greater care using it.