Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

lurker lurker at aol.com
Sun Aug 26 16:09:35 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 26 August 2018 at 14:17:33 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Sunday, 26 August 2018 at 14:00:56 UTC, nkm1 wrote:
>> [...]
>
> What did I expect? Better: What do I expect now. I've been
> using D for years now. I think it's time for D to offer users
> the same stability as other languages do. Simple as.

lurking around this board for a long time and gave up on d2 along
time ago. it is to scripty. i can not convince anybody at work to
use it even for small things under windows. some tried it and
they say it is to buggy, misses windows essentials and there
seems to be no chance of betterment via management or the
compiler enthusiasts that rather implement any fancy fart instead
of getting the compiler stable, bug free and usable.
it seems like this is a language experiment, unusable for serious
development.
i just downloaded current beta 2 and visual D. installs ok, no
detection of visual studio or any of the associated paths. visual
D installed ok, but a click on menu options killed visual studio.
i uninstalled successfully - hallelujah.
so i lurk around for an other year an see if D experiment is
still around and/or usable.