Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 00:46:32 UTC 2018

On Monday, 27 August 2018 at 00:26:35 UTC, Manu wrote:
> Yeah, i've been following both those efforts.
> I don't have any free time to motivate this stuff on my own
> right now.
> I'm just listing all the things (because Walter asked me to).

Fair enough. I suppose you'd need namespaces working first anyway
to get  much out of those tools.

> Incidentally, what's the state of DCompute stuff lately? Did the
> front-end ever get a polish pass?
> That's actually another really high-value ticket that I could
> use to
> gain a lot of leverage, if it's at a place where you'd want to
> show it
> to developers...
> Mostly, just a good set of step-by-step docs would make all the
> difference.

Mostly I've been stupidly busy with uni but I'm now FREEEEEEE!

I'm going to wait for the LLVM 7 release (very soon) and then get
things going again: testing, atomics, docs, API contracts etc.
I'll post to Announce when I've done all that. I'm still waiting
for the Khronos folks to get back to me to get the SPIRV backend
into upstream LLVM.

You're mostly interested in CUDA, right? That should be much
easier to get shipshape.