Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 06:27:57 UTC 2018

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 at 21:50, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Going the other way, though, is even worse - what do you mean, I have to write
> forward declarations? Why can't I pass a string literal to a template? No user
> defined attributes? Why doesn't CTFE work? Who can actually get work done in
> this language?

And yes... this.
This is the truth that has ruined my career.
There was a time when I used to be happy; ignorance is bliss ;)

That said, most of my problems I personally care about are purely
artificial. We could make ref work, we could make namespaces work, it
wouldn't hurt anybody. The power is yours, and yours alone. Everyone
else is behind it... you're the only gatekeeper ;)
const however... that's another kettle of fish, and I'm slowly
becoming sympathetic to the complaining that I've been watching here
for years, which I've somehow managed to resist being sucked into for
a very long time.