Looking for a mentor for SAoC

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 07:45:03 UTC 2018

On Sun, 26 Aug 2018 at 09:50, solidstate1991 via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> I've chosen to work on Mago, with the following goals:
>
> -Porting it to D first and foremost to make code maintenance and
> expansion easier in the future.
> -Add better support for Win32-COFF (there's a few more bugs
> compared to Win32-OMF in my experience) and Win64-COFF. As I read
> COFF32 needs some manual installation, which will be made easier
> by either a Powershell script, or even a custom installer, the
> latter might branch out on its own project.
> -Fix some general bugs, like the non-working -break-insert -f.
> -Add some simple GUI for Mago-mi instead of just the GDB
> compatible text interface.
> -Make it to work better with LDC if possible.
>
> If I'll have time after the main milestones, I might add other
> functions besides the bug fixes, such as a memory editor, ability
> to debug programs and codes written in C and other languages for
> interoperability.
>
> Additionally you can help me to work on my college thesis. I
> still haven't chosen my subject matter, but it'll be either my
> graphics engine "PixelPerfectEngine", my compression library
> "lzbacon", or this if it's allowed. I need a mentor/consultant
> (the latter is what I got for the translation of the word
> "konzulens"), your main job is to help me out a bit.

I think one of the only people qualified to help you is Rainer
Schutze. I think he knows the details of Mago better than anyone.

Incidentally, I use Mago exclusively and I'm not sure I have any of
these problems you're speaking of.
Mixed D/C++ debugging is working well in VS. Memory editing is also
working fine...?
Top of my wish-list would be a way to evaluate pure
functions/properties while stepping as if variables.