Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

RhyS sale at rhysoft.com
Mon Aug 27 21:34:53 UTC 2018

On Monday, 27 August 2018 at 18:20:04 UTC, Chris wrote:
> Then the D Foundation should work on it. Get companies on board
> etc. All I hear is "we don't have enough money, we depend on
> the good will of our community members..." Then leave it.
> There's no way D can compete with languages that are backed by
> companies and that have additional benefits like targeting
> Android, iOS and the Web, e.g. Kotlin.

My question becomes, how is it possible that D supposedly only
has a income of 3.2K ( opencollective ).

hen i look at Crystal, they have 2.5k ( bountysource ) and
another 2k from a single company. By that definition, Crystal
what is at a 0.26 release, is out funding D by 50%...

Julia on the other hand raises $4.6 million in funding in 2017...