Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 09:56:00 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 28 August 2018 at 08:44:26 UTC, Chris wrote:

> Last but not least, if it's true that the D Foundation has
> raised only 3.2K, then there's something seriously wrong.

The Foundation has significantly more than 3.2k. The Open
Collective account is relatively new and is but one option.
People also donate via PayPal and other means [1], with several
monthly contributors. The Foundation is paying two full-time
developers, pays me for part-time work, pays out bounties for
guest posts on the D Blog, pays out bounties for specific coding
tasks, contributes to the funding of DConf, and more.

Soon there will be more fundraising drives for targeted
initiatives, like the test drive we did with the VS Code plugin,
to make up for the lack of donations of time. Some of them will
be for paying people to fix onerous issues in Bugzilla. It's a
long-term project for me.

[1] https://dlang.org/foundation/donate.html