splitting general into Technical and less technical

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Wed Aug 29 17:20:12 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, August 29, 2018 10:38:48 AM MDT Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 08/22/2018 10:20 PM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
> > That reminds me, what happened to our conversation with Ali Çehreli
> > about splitting general [newsgroup/forum] into Technical and less
> > technical?
> Even I remember that conversation. :) I don't remember who were involved
> but as soon as I opened the discussion at the next dinner table, I was
> discouraged; I think people were against the idea.

As it is, we're lucky if we can even get folks to post in D.Learn when their
post should be there instead of the main newsgroup...

Also, dlang-study was already basically an attempt to get more focused,
technical discussions separate from the main newsgroup, and it didn't work.

- Jonathan M Davis