D now has a dangerous competitor

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Thu Aug 30 07:01:11 UTC 2018

On 08/29/2018 12:53 AM, bauss wrote:

> Honestly C++ did OOP somewhat right, because it wasn't forced upon you,
> but C++ itself has design issues, that I think D has solved very well.
>
> D does OOP better than C++, but D is still missing some very common OOP
> patterns.
>
> See: https://forum.dlang.org/thread/tjqxslxfxjgliyziznvk@forum.dlang.org

Ugh, honestly, I'm getting really tired of seeing facepalm moments like
that in D: Things that are CLEARLY either bugs or outright wrong design
that wind up getting bizarrely defended instead of fixed.

I still enjoy developing in D far more than any other language. It's the
only one that doesn't make me feel straightjacketed - or like I NEED a
straightjacket. But all these facepalms are really making my forehead
hurt...