D is dead

Nick Treleaven nick at geany.org
Fri Aug 31 08:36:27 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 09:09:40 UTC, Shachar Shemesh
wrote:
> Please see the thread about lazy [1] for a case where a
> question actually has an answer, but nobody seems to know it

I updated the spec for lazy parameters to add a link to lazy
variadic functions at the end, and for the latter I added a
simpler version of Steven Schveighoffer's examples of both. So at
least in future someone with a similar problem might find out
that lazy variadics is another option.

https://dlang.org/spec/function.html#lazy-params
https://dlang.org/spec/function.html#lazy_variadic_functions

I hadn't understood the rationale for lazy variadic functions
just from reading the spec. If I learn something that should be
mentioned in the spec, I try to make a pull. Failing that, we can
file bugzilla issues for missing documentation, even if it's only
an enhancement for clarification.