Engine of forum

Petar Petar
Fri Aug 31 11:11:53 UTC 2018

On Friday, 31 August 2018 at 10:37:05 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> On 31/08/2018 10:16 PM, Andrey wrote:
>> Any self-respecting website related to programming or
>> developing something, has in its composition a place where
>> people can comfortably and freely discuss pressing issues. Not
>> some weird news group.
>
> Feel free to argue this for projects like the Linux kernel.
> If you succeed it is safe to say we will too.

Some subsystems of the Linux kernel like DRM are migrating their
development to GitLab. They'll still be using mailing lists as
the primary communication channel, but perhaps using GitLab merge
requests and issues is not far off either. Sometimes when the
right incentives like easier infrastructure management and
developer productivity are in place unthinkable things like that
do happen. Only time will tell ;)

https://about.gitlab.com/2018/08/20/freedesktop-org-migrates-to-gitlab/