Origins of the D Programming Language

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sat Dec 1 01:00:00 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 02:34:58PM -0500, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Over the past few months, Walter, Mike, and myself have been working
> on a draft submission for the HOPL 2020 conference (History of
> Programming Languages).
>
> The submission proceeds in several stages. Currently we've been
> through one round of preliminary review. Here is the current draft:
>
> http://erdani.com/hopl2020-draft.pdf
>
> We'd appreciate feedback and additional historical details.
[...]

Lines 1049-1050: I wasn't there at the time, so this may be inaccurate,
but I clearly remember someone mentioning that Tango has been ported to
D2 and is quite usable, at least as of a few years ago.  But I haven't
tried it myself, so I can't for sure whether this is actually the case.
But it's worth checking so that the HOPL document is factually accurate.

Не дорог подарок, дорога любовь.