Origins of the D Programming Language

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Sat Dec 1 06:02:47 UTC 2018

Some Lisp (based and implementations) languages offer access to compiler
at CTFE with AST manipulation. But it is pretty cludgy.

#D freenode was created: [18:29:43] Channel was created at Sun Nov 26
19:42:43 2006
We normally sit around 110 but pre spam was around ~160 people (although
most are inactive).

Another mistake, dmd-fe wasn't a library from day one. This has hurt us
a lot.

Lastly, good D code is what I would call ML family not C. Even if the
syntax is C based. Which makes D a combination of ML and C families.