Does D deserves more support?

Martin Tschierschke mt at smartdolphin.de
Wed Dec 5 10:56:02 UTC 2018

I am writing this provocative question to point again to the
funding campaign:

https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/NDUwNTY=

The status is encouraging if you look at the given amount in the
relative short time:
First donation was 2018-11-10 and now 25 days later more at 60%
of the given goal of $3000 is reached.

The 29 supporters gave an average of $62 per donation or nearly
70$ per day!

It is remarkable, that in the last four donations together alone
where $1000.

First I think that this high volume donations are very cool and
deserve a big thank you!

But second I would prefer many small donations showing an overall
higher interest of the community. What do you think?

So wouldn't it be nice if the D Foundation would receive more
support for this special task?

Hire a Pull Request Manager Nov 15 - Feb 14
In the D Blog:
https://dlang.org/blog/2018/11/10/the-new-fundraising-campaign/

Donate: https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/NDUwNTY=

p.s. And as the first weeks of work from Nicholas Wilson on this
job already shows, this has a well recognized effect.