The state of string interpolation

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Thu Dec 6 00:20:53 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 12:10:56AM +0000, o via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I really wish that D had string interpolation, and I can see that a
> ton of other people also do. String interpolation has been brought up
> before, but it has been ignored/put down every time. Jonathan Marler
> even created a Pull Request (https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/7988)
> to add this feature, but he ended up closing it because it was getting
> nowhere. The excuse that keeps being given for not adding this feature
> is something along the lines of "There are ways to work around this,
> so it is unnecessary to add it". If this is the case, then why do
> people keep on requesting it again and again?
[...]

Why can't this be added to to code.dlang.org as a library / dub package
/ whatever?

Heck, I'd even use it.  Getting anything into Phobos these days is an
uphill battle, and not the kind I have the time (or patience) to fight.

In fact, I'd even *implement* it, if someone else hasn't already done
it.

Talk is cheap. Whining is actually free. -- Lars Wirzenius